Our Spicy Chicken Soup recipe is so good, you’re going to wish it had been on the top of your “favorite go-to recipes” list all along. And it’s definitely not too hot to handle! It’s only as hot as you want to make it. For those who like the heat, you can tweak the recipe to your liking by choosing to use spicier salsa, more pepper or canned tomatoes with green chilies. This soup is also as healthy as it is tasty, with just over 25 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber per serving…(under 300 calories and 9 grams of fat, too)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Peppercorns, ground
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Swanson Organic Onion Powder
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Swanson Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Eden Foods Crushed Tomatoes, Organic
- 1 (10.7 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons Swanson Organic Chili Powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Eden Foods Kidney Beans (Dark Red), Organic, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Eden Foods Black Beans, Organic, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, chicken, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and onion powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken.
In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, kidney beans, black beans, shredded chicken and reserved broth. Simmer 30 minutes. Add water if necessary to keep from drying out.
Serve with a dollop of low calorie sour cream (or you can mix in the sour cream before simmering).
Makes 12 servings.