What You Need
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), scrubbed
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters Original Egg Substitute
- 3 tablespoons Swanson Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Swanson Fructose
- 1 teaspoon Swanson Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Swanson Organic Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Swanson Organic Peppercorns, ground
- 1/4 cup Swanson Organic Cashews, coarsely chopped
Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and pierce each one 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake at 400° F for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
Scoop the sweet potatoes out of their skins and into a medium bowl. Discard the skins. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Add the egg beaters, olive oil, fructose, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Pour the sweet potato mixture into an 8 by 8 inch pan and sprinkle the top with the cashews. Bake at 350° F for 30 to 40 minutes or until a bit puffy. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. Serving size 1/2 cup. Click here for all Swanson Products… Guaranteed Low Prices at Swansonvitamins.com
find more recipes at Katherine’s Corner